We’re building the one place for accurate information on the web. In our decentralized platform, accurate information always wins against other noises. Current approaches to determine accuracy don’t work ‒ AI is still ineffective in reasoning, and naive human moderation is biased and not scalable. We are building a novel approach that combines the power of ML/NLP (to rigorously deconstruct discourses) and probabilistic graphical models (PGM) (to drive collective behaviors towards reason at scale), with intuitive and highly usable UX.
We are currently still in stealth mode, with a product in alpha stage and sufficient funding, backed by experienced entrepreneurs, media veterans, and a deeply technical team in software engineering, machine learning, and mathematical sciences. The current team of full-timers and part-timers hails from NTU, NUS, Stanford, Harvard, and other top institutions. The team is currently distributed across three continents, with the tech team mostly based in Singapore.
As a web engineer (on-site or remote), you will own the development of some features of web products, including components such as content rendering, navigation, search flow, collaborative editing, real-time update and notification, and others. If you choose to, you can also do full-stack development across our React.js-based frontend and Go backend.
You might also build end-to-end common libraries to support localization, internationalization, session management, data tracking, end user monitoring, and others. You will work with some of our experienced engineers in the team, and participate in product planning, design review, and code review process. You will also have the opportunity to shape our engineering standards, processes, and common libraries and tools.
* Strong computer science fundamentals with a top tier educational background in Computer Science or other quantitative majors
* Strong understanding of object-oriented abstraction and design patterns
* Experience in web technology stack and good understanding of the internal workings of client-server architecture
* Experience with modern JS libraries like React.js
* A good product sense and user empathy
* Good engineering practices (design, coding, testing, tooling)
* Good sense of ownership and a strong learning ability