Young Founders School Singapore Nov'19 Pitch Night + Fireside Chat
Join us for the Young Founders School Pitch Event where you get to see our recent boot camp graduates battle out to see who has the best business idea. We have approx. 30 students aged 11-18. Yes, they are our future generation of young entrepreneurs! Judges will be some of Asia's leading venture capitalists in the likes of Sequoia Capital, Golden Gate Ventures, Wavemaker Partners, Mana Impact Partners, Credit Suisse, etc.
After the pitch competition, we will have a fireside chat with Ankiti Bose, Co-Founders & CEO of Zilingo, to share her insights on the importance of having an entrepreneurial mindset & her journey as a young founder.
- Yuvraj Raizada, Director of Credit Suisse AG
- Aakash Kapoor, Seed/early-stage investor at Sequoia Capital
- Patti Chu, Co-Founder & Chief Growth Officer of Mana Impact Partners
- Michael Lints, Partner at Golden Gate Ventures
- Steve Melhuish, Co-Founder of PropertyGuru / Venture Partner of Wavemaker Partners
Our Mentors Lineup:
- Leanne Robers, Co-Founder of She Loves Tech
- Yi Sung Yong, Co-Founder and CEO of Grain
- Jamie Lee, Regional Partnerships Lead at Carousell
- Zong Xi Sia, Associate at Cocoon Capital
- Joanna Chan, Partner at Vaughan Govier
- Janson Seah, Co-Founder of StaffAny
- Hui Yi Lee, Partner Manager at Facebook
- Mike Leyden, VP, Revenue at Horangi
- Annie Luu, Head of Asia at Investible
- Thomas Beattie, Co-Founder & CEO of Ovvy
- Jowynne Khor, Developer Relations and Ecosystem Team at Google
About Young Founders School
Young Founders School is a non-profit EdTech organization that brings free entrepreneurship education to high school students aged 11-18, globally. We aim to change the way entrepreneurship is taught and our vision is to reach 1 million students globally by 2025.
We are now based in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Bangladesh & Singapore. Currently supported by Credit Suisse as our headline sponsor and Alibaba Entrepreneurship Fund as our HK local partner.
YFS aims to teach 21st-century skills such as creative thinking, resilience, and teamwork to name just a few. We encourage students to solve some of society's biggest problems using the UN Sustainable Goals framework around poverty, education, environment, and health. Coupled with this, our programs promote youth empowerment, social inclusion, and diversity.
Our cutting edge entrepreneurship programme leverages the latest teaching techniques to deliver a world-class experience for our students. Our programme is unique in providing students the opportunity to be mentored, during our flagship Bootcamp programme, by the most successful entrepreneurs in Asia. This is an experience second to none.