99.co is a powerful map-based property search engine that utilises smart algorithms to provide housing renters, buyers, and property agents alike a fast, transparent, and efficient property search experience. Our mission is to make the entire experience of finding, moving into and living in a new place seamless and hassle-free, while keeping living in a new city what it should be - fun and enriching.
Being the fastest growing property tech portal in South Asia, our goal is to empower people to search for a home they will love. Founded by one of the best engineering teams in Singapore, it is currently headquartered and operational in the Lion City. Our investors include Sequoia Capital and Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin.
99.co is seeking an Android Engineer who has a strong experience in developing applications on Android using Android SDK. Your focus will be the development of Android application and their integration with backend services.
As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing new features from scratch and participating in product decisions for 99.co, work with our creative team to execute pixel perfect designs. You will also be required to track down and resolve issues, improve the stability and performance of the app and keep up with the latest SDK, devices, tools and conventions.
If you're interested in working with a team of passionate people to inspire a change in the real estate and Proptech landscape, we would like to hear more from you!
What you will do:
* Design and develop advanced applications for the Android platform
* Partner with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
* Work with outside data sources and APIs
* Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
* Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
* Collaborate with others on bug fixing and improving application performance
* Contribute to architectural upgrades and refactoring
* Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
What you have/are/will be:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
* Passionate about creating mobile development as a whole
* Deep understanding of Android NDK (Java and Android NDK)
* Deep understanding of Android Programming with Android SDK
* Proficient in Java (Kotlin is a +)
* Experience in backend development is a +; in scalable mobile app structure is a ++
* Familiarity with android libraries such as Retrofit, Glide, Mockito, Espresso, Realm, Butterknife, Sqlite, Otto, Pusher is a +++
* Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces
* Familiar with mobile software lifecycle development and architecture (MVVM)
* Good interpersonal communications skills
* Multi-threading and memory management knowledge and understanding of caching mechanisms
* Detail-oriented or someone who reads everything and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application ;)