YoRipe is a fast growing community based cooking & grocery platform connecting consumers, creators, retailers and brands in Southeast Asia. We’re changing how food is being discovered, purchased & consumed. We're a fun-loving team that is thirsty for economic scale and social impact. If you like to learn things fast and get new challenges every day: join us!
A unique and rich experience developing a product that will reach millions! You will guide & execute the backend technology development needs of YoRipe, make impact on the company’s growth strategy and build your tech team. You will work alongside highly talented and passionate people who are relentless, hardworking and enjoy learning.
The mission of the backend developer is to ensure that YoRipe app has the best backend technical ability to offer the most engaging user experience and meet business objectives of the company. The role uses innovative technologies to build the future of cooking and solve business issues for retailers and FMCGs, and oversees the end-to-end backend technical development of the mobile app.
What You'll be Delivering:
- Back-end development need of the mobile app.
- Identify technologies to solve problems and meet business objectives.
- Assist in planning the product roadmap with UX/UI Design, Data Science and Business function. Offer advice on technical feasibility and resources required.
- Research and learn new technologies to ensure the best technical ability.
- Develop and deploy new features independently. For implementation that requires multiple effort, manages resources required to meet the deliverables.
- Maintain back-end and dev-ops systems.
- Enjoy learning new skills, ability to learn quickly, openness to criticism and ideas.
- Ownership – strong sense of ownership in every application they build.
- Follows-through on commitments and able to meet deadlines.
- Problem solving – able to analyze problem logically and think of out-of-box solution
- Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go to the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity – act without being told what to do, excited to take ownership and work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Communication – able to explain rationale behind an idea and the process clearly.
- Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Risk-taking – comfortable with taking risks when experimenting with new ideas, not conform to status quo
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Prior experience with community & ecommerce platforms would be preferred
- Able to deal with complex MySQL database relationships, to support effective & scalable query handling.
- Previous experience of handling complex relationships with Laravel Eloquent is a must, as well as dealing with JSON, CSV data formats.
- Good to have knowledge on Python.
- Expertise in the applicable software languages to confidently write clean, organised code
- Excellent knowledge on Git & code management.
- Built APIs for mobile app, experience in integrating APIs.
- Good understanding of AWS and Jenkins, and server hosting in general.