YoRipe is SEA’s first personalised cooking & grocery mobile application platform that (1) helps busy households to lead a healthy and sustainable lifestyle through personalized and easy cooking. (2) helps supermarkets and FMCG brands better reach and understand the consumers in order to design, manufacture and sell better, improving profitability and reducing waste. We are an early stage food tech startup backed by Antler.co - a highly selective start-up accelerator as well as NUS Enterprise.
A unique and rich experience developing a product that will reach millions! You will lead the tech development needs of YoRipe, make impact on the company’s growth strategy and build your tech team. You will work alongside highly talented and passionate people who are relentless, hardworking and enjoy learning. It’s time to use your tech skills in a meaningful way and embark on a new personally and professionally escalating journey.
The mission of the full-stack developer is to ensure that YoRipe app has the best technical ability to offer the most personalized user experience and meet business objectives of the company. The role uses innovating technologies to build the future of cooking and solve business issues for retailers and FMCGs, and oversees the end-to-end technical development of the mobile app.
• Grow the in-house technical capacity of the startup; lead both front-end and back-end development of the mobile app.
• Identify technologies to solve problems and meet business objectives.
• Plan product roadmap with UX/UI Design, Data Science and Business function. Offer advice on technical feasibility and resources required.
• Research and learn new technologies to ensure the best technical ability.
• Develop and deploy new features independently. For implementation that requires multiple effort, manages resources required to meet the deliverables.
• Maintain front-end, back-end and dev-ops systems.
• Enjoy learning new skills, ability to learn quickly, openness to criticism and ideas.
• Ownership – strong sense of ownership in every application they build.
• Follows-through on commitments and able to meet deadlines.
• Problem solving – able to analyze problem logically and think of out-of-box solution
• Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go to the distance to get something done.
• Proactivity – act without being told what to do, excited to take ownership and work in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Communication – able to explain rational behind an idea and the process clearly.
• Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Risk-taking – comfortable with taking risks when experimenting with new ideas, not conform to status quo
Technical Skill Requirements:
• ~ 2 years of hands-on experience in React Native
• Built APIs for mobile app, experience in integrating APIs
• Good understanding of AWS and Jenkins, and server hosting in general
Thanks for reading till the end of the JD.
We're a fun-loving team that is thirsty for economic scale and social impact. If you like to learn things fast and get new challenges every day: join us!