OWNRIDES is an online marketplace for custom tours. Tourists can plan, book and share their custom tours on OWNRIDES, and local drivers/guides can apply to fulfil their trips. With local drivers, tourists can customize their trips to go anywhere they want and do whatever they wish, easily. No more "one-size-fits-all" tour packages that are not personalized and not what today's tourists want.
Headquartered in Singapore and with operation in Taiwan and Thailand, we are a travel startup that is global from Day 1. Co-founder and CTO Benson Lu is from Taiwan while co-founder and CEO Steve Sng is from Singapore and has previously created 2 successful products (LoveByte and MiniMe) that are loved by millions of users worldwide.
We believe traveling is a good way to learn and grow, especially through interaction with local people (such as our local drivers). Thus, as we build and grow OWNRIDES, we learn and grow with our customers and drivers too. Together, we help each other become better in whatever we are doing or want to do. So join us on our journey to redefine travel, learn, grow, and travel of course!
What you will learn in OWNRIDES
- Immense knowledge regarding travel industry in South East Asia and beyond
- At OWNRIDES, we embrace the mantra of constant learning, experimenting, fail fast, and having fun. You will grow and innate this credo with us.
- Enhancing and extending the core product of OWNRIDES.
- Responsible for development of front-end but not restricted to front-end applications
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the team in building the best products for our users based on data gathered by user analytics
- Learn to deliver high quality, testable, secure, readable and documented software in accordance with proven best practices and the overall guidelines of the department
- Able to quickly and effectively read code
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in ReactJs, VueJs and Flux(Redux, MobX etc..) styled data flow
- You should have a high degree in comfort understanding in the following:
- Know Basic Algorithm, ability to learn and adapt new stack quickly
- Self-discipline, self-motivation and hunger to learn
- Passionate about travel. Experience in travel industry is a plus
- Grit, determination (grit), perseverance (grit)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese
- Experience using Git
- Experience in Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Basic UI/UX concept is good to have
- Willingness and flexibility to work on not only front-end, but back-end and even data analytics