WOW Kampung is the education arm of Ground-Up Initiative (GUI), nurturing purposeful, sustainably minded individuals and grounded leaders.
As a dynamic and rapidly growing social enterprise, we are impacting pre-schoolers, youths, and adult leaders through education. We believe that 21st century education requires a holistic and experiential approach, with a focus on value-based learning to inspire the right attitudes, skills, and knowledge starting from a young age. Our strengths are in education of environmental, leadership, and community building.
WOW Kampung’s unique programmes return people to the fundamentals of working in unison with our environment and with one another. We nurture participants to be more aware, emphatic, and have the ability to act. Additionally, to nurture empowered leaders with the aptitude and grounding to take positive actions for the greater good of humanities and the Earth.
As a social enterprise, WOW Kampung is serving our own joyful purpose - supporting Ground-Up Initiative, a non-profit and volunteer-driven organisation - in their social and environmental initiatives locally and regionally.
Connect with us on, http://wowkampung.com
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
Openings: 2 Pax
Education / Training in: Environmental Science & Sustainability, Community Building, and Leadership Development. Clients include pre-schoolers, primary, secondary and adults train-the-trainer.
Working alongside other Lead Trainers, you would specialise in programmes for Environmental Science & Sustainability OR Leadership Development education, while supporting programmes in Community Building. You are responsible in the whole cycle of programme development to delivery that include content research, development of training methods and activities design, towards programme execution. Your role would also require you to rally and train the assistant facilitators to support you professionally during the programmes. Potential clients would include Primary, Secondary, and potentially adult leaders.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Content research and development to meet programme/client’s needs.
• Development of training methods and activities design – focus on experiential and hands-on learning methods using Nature and Community as a Living Classroom.
• As the Lead Trainer during execution of the programmes, while managing the execution and quality of assistant facilitators.
• Development of feedback and measurement of training effectiveness and impact at the end of the programme.
• Support in sales fulfilment.
• Estimated of 40 – 50 hours of CSR annually.
Skills, Experience, Conditions Specification:
• Qualification: Diploma or Degree holders.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and goal oriented.
• Highly driven individual with excellent interpersonal skills and a heart for purposeful education not only academic focused – to include values and character development
• Meticulous and positive.
• Independent worker comfortable with management by objectives.
• Dynamic team player comfortable in a start-up culture.
• Hands-on – don’t mind working in areas outside his/her comfort zone when required.
• Comfortable with outdoors environment and non-table bound work, as the majority of work time.
• A person who wants to see a strong purpose in his/her work to the society and in people development.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Programmes delivered would include learning journeys, half or full day workshops, and stay over camps.
• Has to be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• Office location in northern part of Singapore; 5-day work week: Tuesday – Saturday, 9am to 7pm.