We’re building the one place for accurate information on the web. In our decentralized platform, accurate information always wins against other noises. Current approaches to determine accuracy don’t work ‒ AI is still ineffective in reasoning, and naive human moderation is biased and not scalable. We are building a novel approach that combines the power of ML/NLP (to rigorously deconstruct discourses) and probabilistic graphical models (PGM) (to drive collective behaviors towards reason at scale), with intuitive and highly usable UX.
We are currently still in stealth mode, with a product in alpha stage and sufficient funding, backed by experienced entrepreneurs, media veterans, and a deeply technical team in software engineering, machine learning, and mathematical sciences. The current team of full-timers and part-timers hails from NTU, NUS, Stanford, Harvard, and other top institutions. The team is currently distributed across three continents, with the tech team mostly based in Singapore.
As an intern, you might help us build machine learning pipelines for semantic analysis, sentiment analysis, indexing and query parser for search, experiment with approaches of topic tagging, semantic embedding, or textual manipulation, and productionalize ML models.
You will be paired with a technical team member to sync up regularly and provide guidance and perspectives.
An internship is a valuable opportunity to explore and implement new technologies and approaches, get mentorship from more experienced technical team members, sharpen your skills, and get knowledge of startup operations and team dynamics.
- Strong computer science fundamentals esp. in data structures and algorithms
- Good understanding of statistics and fundamentals of machine learning
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking for modeling and validating models in various problem domains
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebook environments and machine learning and NLP libraries
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python, Go, Java, or C++
- Good sense of ownership, openness to novel approaches, general cognitive ability, communication skills, and willingness to learn new things
We accept flexible arrangements including custom time period, number of hours per week, remote internship, and supporting publications and other requirements if needed.