Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans and launched in May 2012, Burpple started out as a simple way for people to share photos of the dishes they enjoy. Burpple has now grown into a much bigger, more meaningful platform that allows people to discover great places to eat through recommendations from the community. In 2014 alone, over 2 million people used Burpple to decide where to eat — be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. Ultimately, we believe that food has that special bonding power, and we seek to help everyone find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. This is the idea at the core of our company: enjoyment.
Burpple has been made possible because of the passionate, hungry people behind the company. Together, we work smart, laugh as much as we can, and try (but often fail) to not overeat. We rely on the conversations with, and contributions of our amazing community of users who constantly motivate us, alongside copious amounts of kopi-gau siew dai. We are looking for people who seek to constantly be ahead of the curve, and aspire to create the best product in the field.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate builders who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Web/ iOS or Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty in backend code. If you’re looking to build something that is used by millions, this is it.
• Frontend: Think, design and execute ideas on the Web/ iOS/ Android platforms that reaches millions
• Backend: Think, design and implement APIs and improve core functionalities
• Work with the product team to bring ideas into reality
• Experience shipping one or more iOS/Android apps, ideally currently available in an app store
• or Experienced with web development
• Those who practice PDCA cycles
• Github,online portfolio
• Knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS,Ruby,Git