Cloudzen is expanding from Singapore to Shanghai to recruit a strong team with potential talents and passion to build the new entertainment experience for the future technology.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Game Server Engineer who understands what it takes to own and develop a world class live gaming service backend for AAA games.
The successful candidate is highly creative, motivated, collaborative, player-focused, and has a passion for all things gaming.
As a Senior Game Server Engineer, you’ll work on the backend server suite for an up-and-coming title as well as future, unannounced titles.
You will collaborate with the team and external developers to drive projects from inception to live, while always looking to improve the experience for the team and players.
You adhere to Agile software development best practices and aren’t content to ever consider a project “done”; constantly looking for ways to evolve, streamline, and automate processes.
You are a genuine human being that interaction, and a self-starter that can work independently when needed. You have the ability to distill complex issues for dissemination to a wider audience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Research and Develop on future technology to support the cloud streaming platform
• Co-develop the game server backend for Flag-shipping games
• Write clear, maintainable and fast code
• Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
• Strive for a fully automated, self-healing production environment
• Actively participate in team efforts by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity
• Work productively in a fast-paced environment, multitasking to both reactively and proactively address issues impacting players and service
• Communicate emergent issues to the Technical, Platform, and Production teams
• Identify and develop tools, processes, and workflows that enable a scalable, stable service that is able to absorb continual change with minimal disruption to players
• Assist in the recruiting and mentoring of other engineers to deliver and continually expand a great platform for players, while promoting a collaborative work environment and sharing of technology
• Excellent C / C++ programming skills!
• 3-5 years applicable experience with one or more shipped game titles as Server / Network Programmer
• Firm understanding of large-scale multiplayer environments
• Cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
• Ability to write web code and make RPC calls in your sleep
• Capability to teach a master class in scaling and global deployment
• Knowledge of how and when to use dedicated hardware and if / when to use Cloud based instances
• Completely comfortable working in a Windows based development environment (Visual Studio, P4) but no stranger to Linux
• Bonus points for Unreal Engine server experience (Windows or Linux)
• Bonus points for familiarity with anonymized data collection and aggregation techniques