At Horangi, we pride ourselves as Cloud Security Champions in Asia backed by a team of global cybersecurity experts and trusted by Industry Leaders such as Gojek, MoneySmart, PropertyGuru and Tiket.com.
We built our Cloud Security product using AWS technology and cloud best practices to provide the security, performance and reliability of our platform as we ship rapidly in our agile software development. We adopt an event-driven architecture and embrace serverless technologies that are backed with 100% infrastructure as code. We build our app using reliable tools and frameworks that our team knows and trusts, including Python, Docker, TypeScript, React and GraphQL.
Horangi has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture, and we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little beer every single day. We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and get-things-done culture. Horangi is always looking to hire collaborative, humble and highly driven individuals who want to make a difference.
Level yourself up as a cloud security expert and do the best work of your life here at Horangi.
At Horangi we’re building Warden, a multi-cloud solution that enables continuous cloud security, compliance monitoring and risk management for AWS and GCP. Warden deploys in minutes, delivering actionable insights to help our customers identify, prioritize and fix security threats in their multi-cloud environments.
Horangi is looking for experienced senior software engineers to join our team. You will be part of an engineering team building scalable systems capable of detecting real me threats and adversarial activities within our customer’s cloud environment.
Your team will build a rule-based and behavior-based analysis engine that monitors real-me events and log streams from multiple cloud providers to identify real threats faster, thereby reducing me to remediation. You will plan detection based on real-world data and well-understood scenarios, and codify threat detection rules that can be rapidly deployed.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will design and develop stream processing infrastructure and application
- You will build a scalable system that can handle events at scale
- You will work with AWS technologies like Amazon Kinesis, DynamoDB and EventBridge
- You will help build a framework for our threat detection engine and a repeatable process of
- You will learn to encode security insights into automation
- You will continuously monitor system health and optimize performance
What we’re looking for:
- You have at least 5 years experience in backend engineering. Python is your lingua franca
- You are experienced with designing and building products with AWS and serverless
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical
audiences is not a problem for you
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures distributed systems,
networking and graph algorithms
- You write high quality code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast grown organization
- You have a good understanding of how various cloud services work across all major cloud
providers. Relevant cloud certification is a strong bonus
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent
training, fellowship, or work experience
Bonus points if you have:
- You have experience building real-me stream processing systems
- You have prior experience in cybersecurity or intelligence fields
- You have knowledge of CI/CD & DevOps tools
- Contributed to open source projects