Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans and launched in May 2012, Burpple started out as a simple way for people to share photos of the dishes they enjoy. Burpple has now grown into a much bigger, more meaningful platform that allows people to discover great places to eat through recommendations from the community. In 2014 alone, over 2 million people used Burpple to decide where to eat — be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. Ultimately, we believe that food has that special bonding power, and we seek to help everyone find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. This is the idea at the core of our company: enjoyment.
Burpple has been made possible because of the passionate, hungry people behind the company. Together, we work smart, laugh as much as we can, and try (but often fail) to not overeat. We rely on the conversations with, and contributions of our amazing community of users who constantly motivate us, alongside copious amounts of kopi-gau siew dai. We are looking for people who seek to constantly be ahead of the curve, and aspire to create the best product in the field.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate about building a product that ensure people are enjoying their meals everytime. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX. We believe that great product people use lots of products, so if you’re an active user of apps, we are listening.
What you’ll do
• Build new and key features for Burpple on Android that power the growth and redefines the discovery experience by working closely with the product and design teams
• Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the Android app by working closely with your Android teammates
• Focus on Android design principles and making the app works intuitively
• Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment
• What we’re looking for
• Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in an app store
• Experience with Java for Android Development (minimum 2 years)
• Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
• Familiar with Material Design principles and development
• Familiar with interacting with JSON APIs
• Github, online portfolio
• Competitive salaries
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Apple equipment
• Employee benefits
• Accelerated growth in responsibility and experience
• Flat work environment and ownership
• Company lunches and happy hours
• Much more...
How to apply
• Email us
• Link to your geek cred (GitHub, Bitbucket, Stackoverflow, etc.)
• Any other impressive projects you think we should check out
• This position is currently located in Singapore. Being able to work in Singapore at Burpple headquarters is a requirement. But if you're based around the region, please do drop us a note and we'd like to talk!