Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans and launched in May 2012, Burpple started out as a simple way for people to share photos of the dishes they enjoy. Burpple has now grown into a much bigger, more meaningful platform that allows people to discover great places to eat through recommendations from the community. In 2014 alone, over 2 million people used Burpple to decide where to eat — be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. Ultimately, we believe that food has that special bonding power, and we seek to help everyone find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. This is the idea at the core of our company: enjoyment.
Burpple has been made possible because of the passionate, hungry people behind the company. Together, we work smart, laugh as much as we can, and try (but often fail) to not overeat. We rely on the conversations with, and contributions of our amazing community of users who constantly motivate us, alongside copious amounts of kopi-gau siew dai. We are looking for people who seek to constantly be ahead of the curve, and aspire to create the best product in the field.
The Engineering team is looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate about joining them in building a product that helps people find the best places to enjoy their meals. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in iOS development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX. We believe that great product people are able to focus on the details, and adapt to the changing needs of users.
What you’ll do
• Work closely with the product and design teams to build key features for Burpple on iOS that powers growth, and redefines the discovery experience
• Analyze and optimize performance, and reliability of the iOS app
• Focus on iOS design principles, and making the app work intuitively
• Take full ownership of projects from design (in collaboration with the design team) to implementation to deployment
What we’re looking for
• Experience shipping one or more iOS apps, ideally currently available in an app store
• Experience with Objective-C/Swift (minimum 1 year)
• Experience with the test, build, release engineering cycle
• Familiar with interacting with JSON APIs
• Github, online portfolio
• Competitive salaries
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Apple equipment
• Employee benefits
• Accelerated growth in responsibility and experience
• Flat work environment and ownership
• Company lunches and happy hours
• Much more...
How to apply
• Email us with the following:
• Link to your geek cred (GitHub, Bitbucket, Stackoverflow, etc.)
• Any other impressive projects you think we should check out
• This position is currently located in Singapore. Being able to work in • Singapore at Burpple headquarters is a requirement. But if you're based around the region, please do drop us a note and we'd like to talk!