Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans and launched in May 2012, Burpple started out as a simple way for people to share photos of the dishes they enjoy. Burpple has now grown into a much bigger, more meaningful platform that allows people to discover great places to eat through recommendations from the community. In 2014 alone, over 2 million people used Burpple to decide where to eat — be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. Ultimately, we believe that food has that special bonding power, and we seek to help everyone find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. This is the idea at the core of our company: enjoyment.
Burpple has been made possible because of the passionate, hungry people behind the company. Together, we work smart, laugh as much as we can, and try (but often fail) to not overeat. We rely on the conversations with, and contributions of our amazing community of users who constantly motivate us, alongside copious amounts of kopi-gau siew dai. We are looking for people who seek to constantly be ahead of the curve, and aspire to create the best product in the field.
The Engineering team is looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate about joining them in building a product that helps people find the best places to enjoy their meals. We’re looking for someone to implement the systems that allow Burpple to scale as our activity volume grows exponentially and our engineering team expands. As we add to the dozens of services that we have in our service oriented architecture, we need people who understand the complexities of building distributed systems and can help us grow our platform.
What you’ll do
• Architect and build backend APIs that interact with our mobile applications
• Automate deployment to production, automate test process with continuous integration and manage deployment of our many services and instances
• Shave time off the request cycle by optimizing queries, improving the performance of our applications and scaling our data stores
What we’re looking for
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch
• Experience doing RESTful routing and proper MVC architecture
• Experience dealing with 3rd-party APIs
• Experience with performance benchmarking, diagnostic tools, and monitoring
• Familiar with Heroku and AWS
• Strong Computer Science background with understanding of the principles of modern software development
• Competitive salaries
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Apple equipment
• Employee benefits
• Accelerated growth in responsibility and experience
• Flat work environment and ownership
• Company lunches and happy hours
• Much more...
How to apply
• Email us with the following:
• Link to your geek cred (GitHub, Bitbucket, Stackoverflow, etc.)
• Any other impressive projects you think we should check out
• This position is currently located in Singapore. Being able to work in Singapore at Burpple headquarters is a requirement. But if you're based around the region, please do drop us a note and we'd like to talk!
More at www.burpple.com/careers