Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans and launched in May 2012, Burpple started out as a simple way for people to share photos of the dishes they enjoy. Burpple has now grown into a much bigger, more meaningful platform that allows people to discover great places to eat through recommendations from the community. In 2014 alone, over 2 million people used Burpple to decide where to eat — be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. Ultimately, we believe that food has that special bonding power, and we seek to help everyone find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. This is the idea at the core of our company: enjoyment.
Burpple has been made possible because of the passionate, hungry people behind the company. Together, we work smart, laugh as much as we can, and try (but often fail) to not overeat. We rely on the conversations with, and contributions of our amazing community of users who constantly motivate us, alongside copious amounts of kopi-gau siew dai. We are looking for people who seek to constantly be ahead of the curve, and aspire to create the best product in the field.
UI Designer, Singapore
This is a full-time position and starts immediately.
We’re looking for a talented UI designer to help us create user experiences that make the food discovery experience delightful, and fun! We have a strong appreciation for design, and believe that you should have a good eye for detail, and a user-centred approach. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and a good collaborator. Join us to hone your skills, and create delightful designs that will be experienced by millions of users in multiple cities! An online portfolio is required to apply.
What you’ll do
• Conceptualization and implementation of Burpple’s visual language
• Develop pixel-perfect Photoshop comps for iOS/ Android/ Web platforms
• Create and advance site-wide style guides
• Storyboard/ prototype UX
What we’re looking for
• The ability to turn complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for the web, iPad, iPhone, and Android
• Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, and visual design for products and services
• Confidence in communicating interactions rapidly at varying levels of resolution
• Ability to accept and manage feedback and constructive criticism as part of an iterative design process
• Excellent collaborative skills and attitude
• A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements
• Full knowledge of Adobe CS
• You've unpackaged at least one Apple product
Bonus Stuff We Hope You Have
• Experience designing for mobile devices
• Icon design
• Ability to measure pixels by eye
• Experience in user testing
How to apply
• Email us with the following:
• Link to your design cred (Dribbble, Behance etc.)
• Any other impressive projects you think we should check out
• This position is currently located in Singapore. Being able to work in Singapore at Burpple headquarters is a requirement. But if you're based around the region, please do drop us a note and we'd like to talk!
Please find out more at www.burpple.com/careers